The HP Agilent 1050 HPLC was among the first modular designs that was launched by Hewlett Packard. This can really be useful if you are looking to build a capable system that requires modest expansion but on a limited budget. The HP Agilent 1050 also known as Agilent 1050 can be purchased as a stand alone system or with a computer and ChemStation software. The computer can be new or a refurbished if you are looking to lower cost even further. Of course, single components are available for purchase as well.
When it comes to performance and capability, when controlling the Agilent 1050 with a computer and ChemStation in place standalone control, you will hardly notice the difference between the two. In fact when working with the program interface you probably would not know if you are controlling HP 1050 unless you know what system was connected to the computer. In cases of system problems, the HP Agilent 1050 is easy to diagnose because of its control panels on every module.
HP 1050 is great for small laboratories and schools with limited budget because with this system you can still have the job done for less money.
The HP Agilent 1050 HPLC Series remains a great choice for your lab to give you a versatile, productive, and reliable instrument that will not break the budget. With such a low cost to purchase getting your first HPLC is now more affordable than ever before. Isocratic, binary and quaternary pumps. Variable wavelengths, multi wavelength (VWD), to Diode array detectors (DAD) the 1050 series has it all.
The HP/ Agilent 1050 series HPLC was Hewlett Packard’s first launch into modular design. If you are looking to build up a capable system on a budget or require modest expansion consider getting this system. Even though the system can be sold as a stand alone with front panel control-ability it is more typically configured with computer and ChemStation control and analysis software. Computer can be new or refurbished if you are looking to lower cost. Single individual components also available.
It can perform all analysis like its newer version- the HP 1100, but it is much cheaper. When you control the 1050 or 1100 from computer and ChemStation you can hardly see any difference in performance and capability. The primary difference in the 1100 is the built-in compliance and self validation capability. Performance of the 1050 is very comparable to the current model 1100. The HP 1050 series HPLC has control panels on every module and it is much more easier to diagnose in case of system problems. It is still great for many small laboratories with limited budget and schools, where you can still have the job done for less money.
Agilent Technologies Sales & Services GmbH & Co.KG
Life Sciences & Chemical Analysis
Tel. 0800-603 1000
Fax +49 69 953 07 919
GMI has a Thermo Scientific Finnigan TRACE GC Ultra GC with single FID. Thermo is built around the recognized quality, reliability and ruggedness. The TRACE GC means: Ultra performance, reliability, and usability make this a must-have GC for any analytical laboratory. Automated features result in a tremendous increase in sample throughput, with analyses performed up to 30 times faster than before, without compromises in precision.
The Thermo Scientific Trace GC is not ‘just another GC’. The ability to provide the most appropriate solution in a highly reliable manner, and to provide this is an easy manner makes the Trace GC stand out from the competition.
In addition to featuring a complete list of highly technological injectors, Finnigan TRACE GC Ultra can provide any solution in the simplest and most straightforward way. Powerful synergy with specific accessories can drastically transform the system, add value and improve performance. The combination of highly reproducible, fast oven capability and state of the art pneumatics produces unparrellel stability.
Ultra in Sensitivity
You can inject up to 250 μL with Large Volume On-column injection, and up to 250 μL with Solvent Split PTV (Programmable Temperature Vaporizing). And now, for the very first time, you can also increase the sensitivity of the market’s most popular injector by more than 50 times, at no additional cost, learning curve or method revalidation.
Take advantage of Large Volume Splitless, Thermo’s patented, breakthrough injection technique. A wide array of highly sensitive detectors complete the offering. And you can change them in minutes or configure them for simultaneous detection, to get the most out of your analyses.
Ultra in System Automation
TRACE GC Ultra offers both low or high throughput capacity: whichever the technique, is just a matter of choice, in line with your budget requirements. With ChromQuest or Chrom-Card data systems, direct control and acquisition, Local Area Networking (LAN) interfacing or remote control and diagnostics are moved beyond lab walls. A further improvement in efficiency and sample flow productivity.
Learn how TRACE GC Ultra sets new standards in sample automation. Ultra in Quality Assurance A complete validation package addresses even the most stringent prerequisite stipulated by highly regulated environments. Both hardware and software performance can be routinely certified
Thermo Scientific Finnigan TRACE GC Ultra GC Specifications
Programmability 7 ramps/ 8 Plateaus
Temperature Range amb – 450 C
Heat up 50-450 C in 420 sec
Cool Down 450-50 C in 250 sec
Sub Ambient N2 -99C
Sub Ambient CO2 -55C
SSL, Packed, Purged Packed Temp Range 50- 400C
B.E.S.T PTV heat up Heating rate of 14.5C/sec
B.E.S.T PTV Programmibiliy 3 ramps 4 plateaus
Cool Down 450-50 C in 250 sec
Length 72 inch
Width 48 inch
Hieght 50 inch
Weight 800 Ilbs
Contact Phone: +1 800 532 4752
1400 Northpoint Parkway, Suite 50
West Palm Beach , FL 33407
Direct control of the GC enables Clarity to provide integrated instrument control and to ensure complete automation for laboratories.
The control module includes parameters for the GC (temperature gradient, inlets, etc.), its Detectors (data acquisition, sensitivity setting, etc.) and 7683 Autosampler including tray (an AS Control licence is required).
Controlled devices: The GC control module is compatible with the Agilent 6890, 6890N, 6850 and 6820 GCs.
Communication interface: COM (RS232)
LAN – 6890N, 6820 and 6850 models only
Data acquisition interface: COM (RS232)– Digital Data Acquisition
LAN – Digital Data Acquisition (6890N, 6820 and 6850 models only)
OG – analog signal to A/D converter (eg. INT7 or U-PAD) for detectors with analog output only and for not supported detectors.
Supported detectors (parts): FID, ECD, TCD, NPD, etc.
Compatible products: Clarity
Purchasing: GC Control – (p/n A23)
Accessories: RS232 or LAN Cable
Av. Marathon No. 2849
CP 413-Correo 11
Santiago de Chile, Chile
Phone: +562 237 3100
Fax: +562 237 3104
In a standard configuration, the CP-3800 accommodates up to three injectors and three detectors, all operating simultaneously. In addition, the CP-3800 is easily configured to perform on-line analyses for monitoring critical gas and liquid process streams.
The CP-3800’s flexible platform lets you start with a basic configuration and add a wide variety of options in the field. Options include additional channels, gas and liquid sampling valves, and external sampling devices. Future upgrades guarantee that you can meet changing requirements at a moment’s notice.
Star Chromatography Workstation combined with Quick Start Applications provide a powerful yet simple interface for controlling the CP-3800 GC. Routine applications can be launched from the desktop with minimal data entry. Reports specific to your application are easily created with Star Custom Report Writer. Report generation can be automated for around-the-clock monitoring.
The CP-3800 GC from Varian—unlimited possibilities!
Simplified user interface
• Large display with 11 lines and 35 characters/line for easy viewing
• Easy method navigation for greater productivity
• Access to all GC parameters for complete method editing and system control
• CP-8400 handles up to 100 samples in liquid or ambient headspace mode
• CP-8410 with a fixed sample tray supports multiple vial sizes
• 8200 for liquid injections and economical SPME analysis
• Combi PAL offers maximum flexibility for liquid, heated headspace, and SPME applications
• ArchonTM with Tekmar 3100 for automated Purge and Trap sampling
Varian Analytical Instruments
• North America 800.926.3000, 925.939.2400
For nearly 40 years, Agilent has been the GC leader through many innovations — including the fused silica capillary column, the electronic pneumatics control (EPC), and retention time-locking (RTL). Now, we are contributing to multidimensional GC technology by developing patented, reliable micro-fluidic technology —
greatly improving the way you conduct 2-D GC analysis. Greater reliability and ease of use
The Agilent 6890N GC’s Deans switch provides simplified, fast, and precise two-dimensional (2-D) GC analysis. Peaks of interest from one column are “cut” onto another having a different stationary phase. Analytes that might co-elute on the first column are now separated on the second. Agilent invented the diffusion-bonded plate for GC technology, and the Deans switch is the next major application in this field. It works optimally with modern GC ovens and high-performance columns. Its shorter flow paths with inert surfaces and capillary-optimized fittings ensure that active compounds can be separated and detected at trace levels.
The Agilent 6890N GC’s Deans switch has several features that eliminate issues you may have previously encountered when conducting 2-D GC:
• Easier setup — the Agilent flow calculator software and EPC greatly simplify column flow setup.
• Low dead volume — simple column/restrictor connections increase reliability and maintain optimal capillary separation.
• Leak-free performance — the Deans switch features new metal ferrules and fittings that form gas-tight seals to prevent leaks, even at high temperatures. The ferrules do not absorb solvents or sample matrix, improving sensitivity for trace analysis applications.
Sciences de la Vie et Analyse Chimique
1 rue Galvani
F-91745 MASSY Cedex
Tel. 0810 446 446
Fax +33 1 49 93 90 68
Use these meters to verify water cleanliness in public water systems and to control chemicals through water treatment. Other applications include chemically analyzing chlorides and other elements through controlled precipitation, checking filter efficiency, and isolating filter backwash problems. Meters measure particulate content of water in three ranges. All results are displayed in NTU on the 1/2″H (1.3 cm) LCD.
- Front-panel dials simplify your turbidity measurements
- Additional sample cells within easy reach—stored directly on the side of the meter
two primary and two secondary solutions for calibration (0.5 and 10 NTU), two sample cells, light shield, and 6-ft (1.8-m) cord with two-pronged AC adapter on 110 VAC models (European plug on 220 VAC models).
Range 0 to 1.999, 0 to 19.99, 0 to 199.9 NTU
Accuracy ±2% full-scale
Resolution 0.1% of range
Detector silicon photodiode
Light source tungsten lamp
Display 3-1/2-digit LCD; 1/2″H
Power 220 VAC
Dimensions 8″W x 5″H x 11″D
625 East Bunker Court
Vernon Hills, Illinois 60061
The TMS 561 turbidimeter is specifically designed for continuous on-line measurement of turbidity in filtered or raw water in municipal and industrial water treatment plants, final effluent in wastewater, and filter performance in the commercial aquatic applications. Utilizing an EPA-approved, reusable, primary standard, routine calibration is fast and inexpensive. For poor quality water, an ultrasonic, self-cleaning system is available to reduce maintenance. An optional data acquisition system and software package allows networking of up to 255 turbidimeters into a single computer. The software provides graphical trending, alarms, and filter analysis.
The TMS 561 turbidimeter provides an economical, compact system for turbidity measurement in most water treatment applications. Available with either a white light or IR light source, it is ideally suited for reporting results under EPA and other international standards. Each TMS 561 turbidimeter offers these standard and
- Two automatic measurement ranges of 0-10 NTU and 10-1000 NTU (Nephelometric Turbidity Units).
- Three basic models to choose from to provide the correct instrument for a specific application.
- Compact design eliminates the need to mount multiple components for each turbidimeter. All of the electronics and operator controls are built into the measurement unit.
- User-friendly, menu-driven electronics are housed in a NEMA 4X / IP 56 enclosure.
- Interfacing with any control system via standard 4-20mA output, two configurable alarms or optional RS-485 digital system.
- Meets USEPA method 180.1 or ISO 7027 design and performance criteria.
- Optics are not in contact with the sample, reducing the chance of false low readings and eliminating the possibility of fouling the measurement detector.
- Removable sample cuvettes provide for cleaning and calibration without the need to disconnect piping or tubing.
- Convenient, EPA-approved, sealed calibration standards eliminate errors and simplify calibrating
- Networking of 255 turbidimeters with the optional data acquisition package.
+44 1732 771777
The 4150 measures turbidity via a 90 degree light which reflects particles as they flow through the small
volume, low flow glass cuvette. Air bubbles are eliminated in the cuvette by adjusting the backpressure valve
on the outlet tube. The cuvette is located in a watertight dark chamber for continuously accurate on-line
measurement. A replaceable desiccant pack provides stable environment to ensure reliable measurements.
Simple and fast calibration can be accomplished in under five minutes by placing the glass cuvette from the
measuring chamber into the cuvette holder, while the inlet and outlet tubing is still connected. The inexpensive calibration standard allows for dry and multiple system calibrations without mixing chemicals. After calibration,
the unit is up and running with a simple insertion of the glass cuvette into the measuring chamber.
Additional features of the 4150 include a message indicator when the desiccant needs replacing and auto/ultrasonic cleaning of the glass cuvette for reduced maintenance.
The 4150 is available in two measuring ranges. The 0 to 100 NTU version is for low range applications such as drinking water. The 0 to 1000 NTU range can be used for various applications including raw water and wastewater
• Simple and easy one-unit installation with built-in pressure regulator
• EPA compliant per U.S. EPA 180.1
• Programmable 4-20 mA output
• Two alarm relays
• Bright backlit display
• Convenient cuvette holder
• Easy access for wiring and maintenance
• Ultrasonic cleaning option insures long and steady on-line measurement
• Inexpensive standards allow for multiple system calibration
• Membrane Filtration
• Monitoring Filter
• Raw or Filtered Water
• Municipal Water Distribution
• Wastewater Effluent
• Aquatic Life Support
Georg Fischer Signet LLC
3401 Aerojet Avenue, El Monte, CA 91731-2882 U.S.A. • Tel. (626) 571-2770 • Fax (626) 573-2057 • www.gfsignet.com • e-mail: email@example.com
Designed to provide the accuracy demanded by today’s scientist, the Micro100 Laboratory Turbidimeter is ready to meet the challenge. Features like the Auto Alert Calibration Prompt and the Quick Connection Lamp Module, allow for simple calibration and low maintenance. With a resolution of 0.01 NTU at low turbidity readings and an extended range to 1,000 NTU, the Micro100 is an ideal and affordable tool for research as well as routine analytical measurements.
- Auto Ranging 0 – 1000 NTU
- Instrument senses turbidity level of sample and automatically adjusts to the appropriate measurement
- Auto Alert Calibration Prompt
- Automatically prompts the operator when calibration of the instrument is needed
- Simple Calibration Procedures
- Calibration initiated with the push of a button ensures accurate readings
- RS-232 Output
- Date, time, and NTU reading can be captured with a serial printer or data recorder
- Made in the USA
- Infrared Light Source (Micro100 IR)
- Meets international standard ISO 7027 for turbidity measurement
- Pour-through assembly
- Save time by pouring your grab sample through the measurement chamber
- ProCal Calibration Standards
- Quick and easy calibration across all ranges without the need to mix Formazin
Principal of Operation Nephelometric non-ratio
Range Auto ranging from 0 – 1000 NTU
Accuracy ± 2% of reading plus 0.01 NTU
0.01 NTU (0 – 9.99 NTU)
0.1 NTU (10 – 99.9 NTU)
1 NTU (100 – 1000 NTU)
Response Time < 6 seconds
Sample Size 30 ml (27ml minimum
Light Source Quick connect Tungsten Filament or Infrared Operating
Temperature 32° – 122°F (0° – 50°C)
Outputs RS-232 Serial Port
Dimensions 10.75 x 10 x 3.75 inches (27.3 x 25.4 x 9.5 cm)
Weight 2.9 lbs. (1.32 kg)
3170 Metro Parkway
Fort Myers, FL 33916
Phone: (239) 337-2116
Fax: (239) 332-7643
Toll free: 888-203-7248
These benchtop turbidity meters offer the most versatile and advanced instruments available for nephelometric measurement. Push-button calibration and operation eliminates manual adjustments or zeroing. The patented optical system provides accurate results over a wide range of samples and turbidity, simplifying routine laboratory work.
- Patented ratio optical system ensures accurate, stable readings
- Smart self-diagnostics alert you to problems including using the wrong calibration standard
- Meets U.S. EPA method 180.1
- Wide measuring range using three selectable readout modes—0 to 4000 nephelometric turbidity units, 0 to 26,800 NEPH (Nephelos), and 0 to 980 EBC (European Brewing Convention)
- Optional ratioing switches instrument from multidetector ratio mode to nonratio
- Signal averaging minimizes noise and display fluctuations
- Air purge system connection purges the optical compartment with dry air and minimizes condensation on the sample cell
six sample cells; 30 mL each of <0.1, 20, 200, 1000, and 4000 NTU StablCal® stabilized formazin primary standards; silicone oil and oiling cloth; dust cover; and power cord.
P.O. Box 389